Tuesday, December 19, 2006

RE: Not A Damn Thing...

Nothing blogworthy of late I'm afraid...

I called Ms.Blue on Saturday and teared up because she wasn't there for the kids annual picture with Santa. Yes, I realize that she's 19 now and too old for a picture w/ Santa. Mr.SoonToBeBlue is 18 though... he jumped up there and perched on the arm of the chair next to the fat old guy and had a flirty smile, I think he liked the elf taking the pictures... Then last night, Ms.Blue called me bawling her eyes out because it just hit her that she isn't going to be here for Christmas this year. She's proud of the fact that the day after Christmas will be her 1 year anniversary in the Air Force. But that doesn't make it any easier on any of us... This is our last Christmas before Mr.SoonToBeBlue leaves too... I'm holding it together, but barely. There's no tree. No stockings. No decoratations AT ALL. Our house looks like there is no Christmas... ...yeah, I have presents hidden for the kids. The will have Christmas, even if I want to pretend this year like it isn't gonna happen...

3 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

I can't imagine how hard it is to not have your daughter there. I can only imagine that you'll be thinking of her all day long.

10:17 AM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Christmas isn't about the timmings. It's about the quality time spent with family. You had that when your daughter was last at home, and with your son now. Just cherish what you have and know what happiness looks like.

ps - I'll be getting my books in sometime this week, and will be sending one off to you soon.

1:55 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

YOU BETTER GET THAT STUFF GIRL YOU HAVE TO HAVE CHRISTMASSSSSS MISS YA

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home