Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hey! ...and Happy New Year too!

December brought on a downward spiral and some pretty depressing days for me this year. I think having Ms.Blue away during Christmas for the first time was almost harder in some ways than her leaving the day after Christmas last year. She ended up working 12 hour shifts through the holiday, with most of the others in her squadron being home with new babys so that was a good thing she was doing... and of course our pilots in blue have to have their plane parts ordered regardless of whether or not it's Christmas, right? So I guess her not being home for Christmas this year was just doing her part in protecting our freedom... it was hard having her away though... really REALLY hard.
I finally caved and put a little decorated tree up, and hung her stocking up near the tv... Gosh, I'm almost crying remembering how hard it was without her. Thank GOD it's almost New Years... I've been through one of those without her, so I think I might be able to do another one... The only problem with this one is that it's Mr.SoonToBeBlue's last one before he flies away (sigh). Lasts. Firsts. All these years later and I still haven't found the freeking manual that was supposed to have been delivered when the kids were born!
Just gotta make it a few more days and it will all be over for another year.

Hope you have a good one!
See you in '07!
-Kimdergarten

5 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OOOHHH KIM I AM SO SORRY but here you can have one of mine!!!!!!!


Enjoy the rest of the year. I'll pray next year is better for you,,, OH AND ME!!!


I miss ya.

1:32 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

I just can't imagine how hard this has been on you. And I'm sure with the boy leaving that won't make it any better but I'll be thinking of you!

Happy New Year!

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry i haven't been around but really busy with work and shit. i am hoping for you and i that 2007 is a lot better cuz if not i will not make it. it has to be better!! love ya!

10:01 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

hey i don't know why that said anonomyous it was from me - val!

10:01 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

Hey Kim ..when you get down in the dumps just remember she is keeping us free and doing a damn good job of it. I only wish I could say the same for mine. Be proud of who you raised. She is probably more like her momma in so many ways anyhow.
Linda

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home