Tuesday, August 08, 2006

(Yawn)... Honey I'm Home...

It was a pretty uneventful trip. Of course MIL(MotherInLaw)had some snooty comments about my hair, which I was expecting to the point that I told someone it would happen last week before we left. She also had the nerve to ask me if I was gaining weight, because, well, she thought I'd gained a little. Oh No, I've lost fifteen pounds since we were here last year but DH has gained 25. She's just like that, you know. I got to participate in the tax free weekend (which my state does not do, so it was a great surprise!)... I left the mall with a pair of dress pants for DH for work, two hoodies for BabyGirlDD, a new blouse and four leather jackets for less than 50 bucks and no tax.

We also had the traditional bickering about my wanting to move back there and DH stating that if I do I'll be moving by myself. He forgot somewhere along the way, I guess that ThatGreatState was where I wanted to go for a very long time and that's why I had moved there from the west coast. He, on the other hand, spent his whole life there until he married me and decided to get the heck out of Dodge, never wanting to go back. Oh well. Can't have everything so guess I'll be happy with my little shopping spree. HAH.

The new sec called my cell phone daily. Just to BS. I called her back once and when I discovered that was all she wanted I didn't call her back again. I really needed that trip to get away from her. I'm having trouble adjusting to working with her, more than I expected. Again, oh well. I'm sure it could be worse.

I only have a week and a half and I'm off again for a couple of days. I am looking forward to being out, big time. Ms.Blue was supposed to be home in 13 weeks but she changed her leave date and I think I'm counting down 14 weeks now or something like that. Then after she goes back to her PDS it won't be much longer until Mr.SoonToBeBlue goes off into the WildBlueYonder.

Oh yeah. Not sure if it's been 7 weeks or 8 now but it's pretty clear my boss totally forgot about my asking for the raise. Any suggestions on how to bring it up tactfully?

10 Comments:

Blogger chimx2 said...

TELL HIM GAS IS GOING UP DUE TO THAT PIPE BREAKING IN ALASKA AND IF HE WANTS YOU TO BE THERE HE NEEDS TO UP THE ANTE. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE AND WHAT STORE DID YOU BUY ALL THAT STUFF FOR 50 BUCKS.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

Walk in to his office, smile, and say "I want my raise you sorry sack of sh**. And tell that new bitch to stop undressing me with her nasty ass eyes."

Oh, did you say "tactfully"? I don't know that word.

lol

5:23 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Re; raise....

I'd use humor. I'd walk in and say "Hmmm did you forget about that raise I asked for!" with a big smile.

7:03 PM  
Blogger 1 plus twins said...

so glad your back. i am sorry things aren't good with the new sec still. get a new cell number so she can't call anymore. i agree i would just go in ask how long does it take for the raise to show up on your paycheck. 7-8 weeks is ridiculus. i did payroll and honestly you can have it their next check if you want too. he is avoiding it!!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I am so glad that I have such a wonderful boss. I have yet to have to ask for a raise in the 4 years that I have been here, and I have gotten more raises than I should have in my opinion.

I count my blessing all the time for such a wonderful boss. That is what I like about working for a firm that has just one attorney.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

"If you insist on hiring incompetant, lazy, worthless secs, then you should pay me twice what I am currently being paid, since I am doing the work for 2 people"

10:06 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

I AM GLAD YOUR BACK,,,,,, move there youi will be closer to me!!!!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Merrit's advice is cool. Humor breaks down and avoids any defensiveness. Keep us updated on that raise!

11:57 AM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

An ultimatum would most likely backfire, but a little nagging might do the trick. Just mention it in passing every day. Off the cuff, not too pushy, but just so they get the message that you're not rolling over and playing dead.

2:01 AM  
Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

I would just ask when you're going to see it on your paycheck, all matter-of-factly.

Hey, remember a few weeks ago when we talked about my getting a raise? Well, it hasn't shown up yet in my paychecks, and I'm just wondering when it's going to kick in. My husband and I have some financial planning to do, so I need to know.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home