Friday, December 09, 2005

Lies & Secrets...

Short Friday, woohoo.

I haven't blogged at all in ages about my life as the wife, particularly because I really want to keep my anonymitiy and not be found. There's something to be said for being able to come here and kick my shoes off, let my hair down, and speak my mind without having to explain myself. But I'm going to try and sneak this post by the powers that be in the bloggers witness protection program. Just because I haven't written about it doesn't mean it hasn't been happening...

If you read my blog way back when you would know (whispering softly... )that DH and I own an entertainment business. That's most of the reason why we get to travel so much. (Whispering...) in addition to our regular jobs, Dh is an uh, how can I say this where google won't rat me off? hmmm... ok. Think - tribute artist. Now... think - dress up like a dead king and be hunka hunka burning love for the ladies? I've been told we put on a really good show. (Whispering again...) yeah, we have all those studded costumes and the sound equipment and the music and all that crap. A ton of it... Dh has a fantastic voice. Absolutely beautiful...
(shhh... I may have said too much, so if this post disappears next week, don't be surprised... k? I am not a fan of that particular entertainer, he died when I was really young and I missed that whole screaming & freaking out over the guy thing, but when DH sings the stuff, I like to listen to him...)

So, usually if we're going out of town or I'm leaving early and not talking about it, that's what I'm up to. This is going to be one of those weekends... (quietly...) have a gig tonight and another tomorrow night. Different locations... same city, eastern part of state...

Let's just say the biz lets us meet some uh, very ...interesting? people. (pssst!) The old ladies are a hoot to watch when they're having a good time...

Allrightythen. I'm going to disappear in a couple of hours and even though I'm not turning on the blogmail (not a long enough weekend, I'm afraid)... y'all are going to pretend like you don't know what I'm off doing or where I'm at, k? Secrets are meant to be kept (wink!) ;)

Have a wonderful weekend... and if you flip by CMT this weekend on the t.v.(supposed to be an all-elvi weekend --UGGH) think of me...

10 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

CMT EVLI OH MY HEAVEN I HAVE DIED!!!!!!!! You have a great weekend, stay safe and try and enjoy will ya.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yeah right.
I'll be IN THE GHETTO... over yonder in big city bar ;)

9:59 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

have fun, dont let the old ladies molest your DH

10:15 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

Have a blast! :o)

12:48 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

He is just a hunka hunka burning love. Have fun!!!

12:53 PM  
Blogger Marybeth said...

You have a good time...I'll be freezing on the back of a horse.

Hey...I think that particular tribute artist is supposed to come to our church Christmas party. Hummmmmm....

1:31 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Enjoy yourself and tell us all about it Monday. I expect a full report in five paragraph format. (opps forgot myself there for a minute)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Kim doll, I want you to come over to my site and write a little story on "when you and I met".... and I want it to be at a "tribute show!!"

:)

6:54 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

My DH is in the "entertainment biz" too, but all we do is PLAY the music.
I love your blog! Mind if I link it on mine? http://butterfliesndazies.blogspot.com/

Have a great weekend.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Sara - I'm tired this morning!

Candi - bad visual but oh so true!

Val - sorry.

Wife - it was, uh, amusing?

Linda - thanks!

Marybeth - I think I would rather be riding a horse!

Tig - LOL... always the teacher!

Idgie - that would be hilarious!

Staci - thanks for dropping by. I'll be over to check your blog out shortly :)

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home