Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Dial This Number, Please...

Yesterday I was full of delicious secrets to the point I was humming holiday carols at my desk, but the boss kept me so busy (and I've slept since then) that unfortunately the mood has been broken...

2 and 5 are the numbers for the day. Usually, they aren't very good numbers but today they seem to have some sort of interplanetary influence on my life. If I decide to get in a poker game. 2 and 5 are rotten cards unless you have an A, 3 and 4 to go with them and you are playing in an Omaha H/L game or if you are playing Badugi (another poker game that is hot right now), because then you'd have a wheel (A2345) and win the low or a chance at a Badugi win with 2 other good low cards... But since I still have a ton of work to do chances of making any sort of a poker hand are about nil.

2 and 5 are the reason I cried all the way to work this morning. 2 and 5 are the reason I breathed a sigh of relief when I got here after I cried. It is 25 degrees this morning. 25 degrees is not something to cry about however. 2.5 is the number of weeks left before Ms.STBB goes. And of course, that's what got me going. In the next 2.5 weeks she has to sign her will. Take her test for her driver's license. Pack her two days worth of clothes and her checkbook, debit card, and orders, the only part of her life she is allowed to take with her.

2 and 5 are also good numbers this morning, in a way. I have 2.5 days of work left this week. Looking forward to having half a day off Friday for another road trip. In 2.5 days, we'll be taking the last road trip together as a family with all the kids at home. It's a working trip, but together nonetheless. The bad thing about it is in 2.5 days, it will the very last one.

2 and 5 also have to do with holiday shopping, I'm afraid. there are 2.5 weeks left to get that shopping finished. I have ordered 2 big presents from the list of DS and BabyGirlDD, and Ms.STBB has 5 things on her list of permissible items that she would like me to get for her.

2 and 5. 2 and 5. 2 and 5. No matter how you look at it, it's 2 and 5.
If I were the sort of person who hated, I would definitely hate 2 and 5.

But hey, in 2.5 weeks I will finally be able to start playing poker again. Because I won't have to worry about it taking time from being a mom. That could make 2 and 5 be a very good thing.

11 Comments:

Blogger Marybeth said...

I thought about you last night in the grocery store. I saw a magazine called Bluff, The Thrill of Poker...and thought Kim would like that magazine.

You make me realize the important things in life when I read a post like that. Thanks, Girl...stay strong.

9:12 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OK NOW your are scaring me,,, this is just WAY TOO MUCH THINKING!!!!!!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yeah. The post I had for yesterday would have been much better. ;)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

wow. I just dont think like that I guess. Dont like numbers.

Jay didnt ask last night, but he and his parents were acting a little weird. Especially his mom. Like they know something. I sound totally paranoid.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

52 cards...

off post, checking to see if you received secret santa stuff posted in another location?

Take Care
Michael

10:09 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

No Michael. Guess I need to go on a search for it...

11:45 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

Kim

I thought that I was being clever and put it on your other blog.

12/2/05 post comments.


Take Care
Michael

11:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

You would have been most clever had I been paying attention to the comments there. Truly a dunce today because I missed it!

12:05 PM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

The numbers all change tomorrow so you only have to worry about them today. Just don't step on any cracks, let a black cat cross your path or break a mirror.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh Tig! I'm only superstitious when hunting or playing poker! Neither of which is going to happen this week for sure...

2:04 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

2.5 days more to tell Miss STBB how much you love her. You will get through it but not after you cry like a baby for several days. Take one day at a time. Im here for you girl.
Linda

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home