Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Geriatric Law 2.5

Not long ago a client stopped by to speak with me after conferring with attorney X. I'd dealt with her a couple of years ago on another matter we handled for her. After a brief hello and good-bye, I was surprised to receive a phone call from her a minute or two after we parted. The conversation went something like this:

ME: This is Kimdergarten, can I help you?
LADY: Hey, this is LadyA.
ME: Hi! Did you forget something?
LADY: Well, one of your attorneys, I think it is attorney Y, is wandering around the parking lot outside looking for his truck. He doesn't remember where he parked it.
ME: Ok! Thanks for letting us know... bye!

It seems that attorney Y had driven to court that morning, taken care of his business, and walked back to the office. When he got back and wanted to escape to lunch, it took him a little while to figure out that he had indeed driven to court and left his truck in the courthouse parking lot.

Yesterday, attorney Y told me he was leaving early. He walked out the door, walked back in and hollered at attorney X. It went something like this:


AY: X!
AX: What?
AY: Do you know your truck is running out in the parking lot?
AX: What? Oh yeah...

Obviously, attorney X had returned from lunch 2 hours earlier, parked his truck and left it running when he came back in and returned to work. Both A and X hit the door about the same time trying to beat each other to the parking lot (imagine an over 60 year sort of hustle)... Y (younger than X) made sure to saunter just a little bit slow enough to try and trip up X who was running (?) to shut off his truck, with an attitude that reeked of HAH! I'm not the only stupid one...

SIGH... and y'all wonder why I still haven't gotten my freeking raise?

5 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

hey you,,, I miss ya. I am thinking that you just need to pen in your own raise girl. just do it!!!! hope all else is well.

9:11 AM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

If they can't remember where their vehicles are or to turn them off. Give yourself a raise and when they ask you about it tell them that they approved it. They most likely wouldn't know the difference.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Me said...

:) Too funny. I've not been THAT bad, but I admit I've left something going in a room thinking I'd go right back and then got busy - so I can imagine I might do that with a car running too. Get busy and forget to go back out. (Benefit of the doubt).

As for raises, guess what? After all the ball busting back breaking work I've done to do TWO positions for the past 3 months, I found out today I will be doing it for at LEAST one more month and not only am I doing HIS (60K) job for FREE but I get MY RAISE.

I found out today it is a whopping fifty cents an hour.

Wow.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Mo said...

Geez, how do you deal with those idiots on a daily basis?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Marybeth said...

Hey! Sure makes life interesting...for lack of a better word!

I'm back to blogging! I've missed you!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home