Monday, November 21, 2005

Sunrise... Sunset...

Spent 8 hours in the woods Saturday, it was beautiful!

It was cloudy so it didn't feel quite 31 degrees but when it started getting lighter and the squirells started scampering and the birds started chirping and the woodpeckers were a tapping, I could hear dogs barking off in the distance and it was a perfect morning. Went in and warmed up for a couple hours when it started hailing and when it stopped went right back out and stayed to watch the sunset. A great big brown owl swooped down and landed not too far from me. It had the prettiest black eyes and was truly magnificant. I didn't see a deer but the woods were so pretty it didn't matter.

At dark I got a phone call from my mom that my grandfather had just passed away, so I spent the rest of the weekend wrapped up in a blanket on the couch at home. I did try and go grocery shopping yesterday but ended up just buying a cartload of stuff that didn't make any sense when I got home and tried to put the away...

12 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

I am so sorry Kim, were you close to your grandfather? The quiet woods sounds nice, believe it or not.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Marybeth said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Kim.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Jaye - Yep. I used to spend weekends on their boat with my grandparents when I was growing up, and I lived with them for most of my senior year...

Mike & Marybeth - thank you

9:16 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Sorry to hear about your loss! Hang in there - it's always hard especially around the holidays! I'm thinking about ya! ;)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks Mel - I've missed you!

10:07 AM  
Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

So sorry about your grandfather. My grandmother turns 92 this December. She's in excellent health, but everytime my land line rings at home, I jump, afraid it's my mother calling with bad news.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Mahala said...

*hugs*

11:16 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Dottie - I understand completely, most of the other grands are still alive, and one great grandmother.

Thanks Romani

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't comment on your most recent post.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks Bug, I'll see if I can fix it

12:56 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

Oh Kim .. I just read this post after I commented you about your daughter leaving. I am soooo sorry for your loss. No wonder you just broke down. There is a lot going on right now for you. Believe it or not you will get through it. You and your family and your daughter will be in my prayers.
Linda

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks Linda -- I wonder every day how you are doing too --won't be long and you'll be hugging your own solider! ;)

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home