Friday, November 04, 2005

Some Girls Do!

After reading Jes' adorable post yesterday about her hubby's lunch, I knew my mission today would be to find a sweet potato, bring it back to the office, and nothing else would work. SO... we only have two choices at buying groceries besides the gas station way out on the edge of town where we live. There's wal-mart, which would take up my whole lunch to drive over there and back, or there's another market very close to the office. I only go in there once a year because, well, every time I do go in there I find that I am the only white person on the premises. SO... I bravely park and lock my truck in the parking lot of said market. Hold my head up high and march inside, and with one glance it's easy to see that just like last year when I had some strange craving that couldnt' wait until I got home, today I was again indeed the only white person in the supermarket. But that's ok. I accomplished my mission. Somehow I came back with two sweet potatos and some pnut brittle, which are now nuking and just about ready to be eaten (the potatos, duh!). ...so, Thanks JES for a great change of lunch today!! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Val - it was great!

Flourish - thanks for stopping by!

1:24 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

NOW,, did you get enough to share? hahahahahaaaa

1:50 PM  
Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Hoping you enjoyed your Sweet Potato and the speedy preparation!

Checked out Jes's site....her husband did good. (smiling)

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home