Thursday, November 03, 2005

I Found My Post!

(in my quietest whispering voice...)

This feeling behind my eyes and in the back of my throat is reminding me that I have only taken one sick day this year... The oldest has had it for a week. She's toughed it out and not taken anything. I stocked up last night and again at lunch today on all the necessities for those with the crud. Daytime. Nightime. Throat drops. Tylenol. Stuff to shorten the length of it. Stuff to keep the rest of us from catching it. And the lysol spray for germs... I don't know why in the heck we pay our health insurance premium each month. Thousands of dollars a year and we haven't been to the doctor one time. Then everybody catches the change of season cold and in the past 15 hours I have spent over a hundred bucks at the drugstore on over the counter medicine. Still have to go stock up on some more orange juice after work. I would have saved ninety three dollars if I had just stopped by the liquor store, grabbed a gallon of whiskey, mixed in a couple tablespoons of listerine. It would have done the same thing and who would have noticed?

5 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

screwdrivers
orange juice for vitamin C
vodka to kill what ails you.

I have an ex that used to swear by it.

12:12 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

My husband came home early from work with it. Now he is blaming me for it. Says since the doctor took a blood test and said it looks like I have mono he must of got something from me. Anyhow no one bought me 7-up or Orange juice. I got my butt up and drove to the store like I drove the kids to school and got them ready for it. I had to stop and get him juice,7up,Nyquil and tissue. I still feel tired but am able to function but now because he got it he has to be babied. Men!!!!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

I'm sorry you're poorly.

To be honest, stay at work. If the man at home is still sick, he's far too much trouble when you're down too.

Since the sec isnt' speaking to you, it's nice and quiet in the office. Take a nap on your desk - I certainly have!

4:33 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Grab some for me too will ya!!!!!!!

4:55 PM  
Blogger MsPenni said...

Who hired this secretary? And why is she still there?

I find if you give someone enough rope, they soon hang themselves.

Hope the peace lasts.

Cold/sorethroat remedy:
HOT water, lemon, honey and whiskey.
Stand in the shower on HOT for as long as it lasts, and get lots of sleep.

Penni (Greekshadow's sis.)

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home