Thursday, November 03, 2005

Eight Glorious Days...

I sat here yesterday afternoon, with all my work finished... emailing Jaye and having absolutely nothing in the world to blog about. The sec and I haven't spoken in eight days other than if we absolutely have to tell the other one there is a phone call. It has been so peaceful without her ranting, cussing, and games. I'm such a moron, why didn't I discover this a year or two ago? My life would have been so much easier. Work, in itself, has been absolutely functional! For the past three days (and for the first time ever since I started working here) it has been three days of everyone coming to work on time. Everyone coming back from lunch on time. No yelling, cussing slamming doors being rude to clients or each other, everyone has been cordial and this includes the attys too, who usually dont' give each other the time of day other than to complain about someone or something. I know it won't last long and I am savoring every second of it because it really reminds me of a real job for a change.

So, nothing at work to write about. In the rest of the world, well, I hit every single stoplight in town on my way to drive DD somewhere yesterday, but heck, that's nothing I can get creative with... MsSoonToBeBlue is still leaving and got her orders with the date on them, but we already knew when that would be, so nothing there either. DH and the baby (Baby? HAH. she'll be 15 in 2 weeks...) are both down with really bad colds, but I am avoiding them both in hopes that it doesn't come my way. DS isn't quite as dreamy this week, a bit moody in fact, so I imagine even though he hasn't said too much about it, the little girl he's been chasing is giving him the cold shoulder or something... nothing there either.

I really need to find a poker game, bad. I'm not playing as much as I should be to stay on top of my game, but honestly, since Katrina, I'm just flat out scared to spend any money. On anything. Like not spending money is going to keep a hurricane from coming, right? Like not spending money is going to keep the power from going off for days or make the gasoline all go away again and the food all spoil and anyway, I said earlier I can be a real moron sometimes. DH isn't cringing quite as much these days when I talk about quitting my job and playing poker for a living. I think he's starting to do the math and well, who knows what next year will bring, right? So, without any great games to play in, I don't have anything to write about there either.

Have to get to work. Maybe SOMETHING will happen worth writing about... maybe?

5 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

WWWOOOHHOOOO POKER,,,POKER maybe that shoudl be the 1st saying from now on. heheh good morning,

9:41 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Sounds like you stumbled into an epsiode of the twilight zone.

Soon you will discover that the sec and attys are really aliens wearing their skins and thats why everything has been so peaceful

9:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Jaye - I'm willing to try it but it could really end up being a jinx!

Sara - that is exactly how I have felt all week. The only thing missing is the theme song!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

doo doo doodoo doo doo doodoo

thats as close as Im going to get to the theme song. Its official, they are all aliens

10:32 AM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

Was there a "Come to Jesus meeting" that you missed? I agree enjoy it while you can it won't be long before it's business as usual.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home