Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I Really Hate To Write This...

I do. I really do. Hate to write this, that is. Yesterday. She was two minutes early for work. Better than on time. But that's not all. She was also four minutes EARLY coming back from lunch. Like a real employee. She did her job. She WORKED (and only cussed a short portion of the day rather than the entire time she was here...and she only told off two clients!) My boss and I sort of looked at each other in shock the whole day. She actually worked 7.5 hours, leaving only 30 minutes early! My boss came in and talked to me as I was double checking the phone messages at the end of the day and we laughed how that's the first time she's been here on time and almost all day, in over TWO YEARS!! So since there were no clients in the office at that time, I went through the messages on the speaker phone, knowing, just knowing that what was waiting there would be enough to get the boss mad at her all over again (giggle). Seven messages. All from yesterday. All from the hour I was gone to lunch. The boss noticed the large number. And of course asked when all those people called. "They were all from when I was gone to lunch..." I told him. It was then that he started the growl and the sneer and the head shake with the twitch that seems to appear whenever he thinks about our most prestigeous employee here. He even asked me, "What? Doesn't she answer the phone if you aren't here??" I answered, "No. She usually doesn't." But other than that and leaving 30 minutes early, she was on her bestest behavior all day yesterday. She used the sugary sweet fake syrupy voice when informing any of us we had a phone call. It was as scarey as all the horror of Halloween combined.

And it has continued over into November. This morning she was only six minutes late. Put that with yesterday and Friday and that makes THREE DAYS IN A ROW she has been on time or almost. My boss said that has never happened before, never. ever. And at lunchtime today she was only gone 40 minutes. She's totally freaking me out now. Maybe the other guy put her on her best behavior or something. It's something I've never seen before and I'd bet my best poker hand that this drastic makeover she's taken on herself will not last two full weeks. We will see...

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Im with you, it wont last. She knew she was pushing it last week. Now she will be good for awhile and then drift back into her old behavior.

back by popular demand
A Redneck Thanksgiving!!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Coming to read it, that's the funniest post!

3:27 PM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

2,,, did you say TWO weeks,,, bet me by the end of this week she will be screwing up again!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home