Thursday, October 13, 2005

About ...Ethics.

I hate this place. I hate it. Do you hear me? I'm not a hating sort of person, but right now, this very minute, I hate my job more than I've ever disliked anything in my life.

It's an ethics problem. Ongoing and everpresent. And getting worse by the month. This week, I've watched a certain person in authority (can we say head-honcho?) put several thousand dollars into a pocket not meant for the tax people to know about. THEN. This morning I went to write a receipt for a client. The receipt book was missing out of my drawer. Authority had taken it and ripped a page out which matched the said pocket dough. Thus, thousands which I have receipted this week have, POOF! disappeared. He has put ME in a position where it looks like I am not being honest about money I'm handling and it really sucks. I've been meticulous with the trust account and millions of dollars every year. Fuck all of this.

I'm pissed. So mad, in fact, that I'm ready to quit.
We'll see what happens. I'm not sure if I'm going to call him on it and walk out or if I'll just ignore it like you have to do to everything else around this stupid freaking place.

5 Comments:

Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

Um, wow. That's put you in an awkward position, now hasn't it? Are there any other firms up and running? Or would you even want such a job? Criminy.

10:37 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

OOOOOOOO KIM!! ok girl dig in your gutt. What does it tell you? That is just toooo much for you to keep. OH man, if you do walk,, YOu better just let the E know you talk here. We (I) can not loose you.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

yipe, this is an ackward situation for you to be in. Bc this isnt legal and you know about it. you hate working there anyway...sounds like it might be time to start job hunting

11:41 AM  
Blogger P M Prescott said...

By all means cover your ass. Being a whistle blower may not be the wisest course, but when the shit hits the fan make sure none of it lands on you.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Kim, that is not good stuff there. And if it in any way could come back and reflect on you, I think you need to get out of there quickly.

That's not a game you need to be involved in, especially as it sounds like you're the one that holes the records and are responsible for them.

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home