Thursday, October 06, 2005

Crud...

I hate moving. I hate it. I don't know what to post until this place starts feeling more like home. I played in a big hold-em tourney last night and come in second. It was the first time in quite a while that I felt good about the way I was playing, really good.

Oh! My friend from the red cross called me over the weekend and told me that Laura and Dan, those people I wrote about who are on the MS coast living in the tent with the little one, have finally been moved into a hotel. She said she thought that he is going to be starting back to work. I hope those poor people get a break. They've been through so much.

All right. Enough about poker and enough about hurricanes. Maybe I can get my work done and play with my template until it looks better. Then I need to go and find all the blogs I've lost for my blogroll...


EDITED 3:30 p.m. SCORECARD UPDATE!!
Guess I'm kinda freaked out after not being able to post for so many Fridays so I'm posting my scorecard update for the sec before tomorrow gets here, just in case! All right, I can't tally up the official score for sure until modblog comes back online and I can dig through old posts and see how many fridays the sec has taken off at least half a day or more, but I know at last count it was over THREE SOLID MONTHS without a full friday. THEN, we lost ten days of work from Katrina. I'm not going to hold those days against her for not showing up, because they were extra vacation days for me too. After Katrina, we worked Thursday, the 11th day. She took Friday off, 1/2 day. Three weeks ago, she took 1/2 of Friday off, and started taking two lunch hours again. Two weeks ago, she didn't even call or show up on Friday AT ALL. Last Friday I was off (I put in to have it off last March!) but she took 1/2 day off too. ...anyone wanna put money on tomorrow's game? LOL I know she was on time for work ONCE in the past two months, every day besides that she's been at least 45 min or more late... good. Well, at least we're starting to get caught up!

11 Comments:

Blogger JUST A MOM said...

WWWWOOOO HHHOOOOO YOU ARE BLOGGING AGAIN I AM SO HAPPY I MISSED YOU REAL BAD!!!!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I've missed you too! :) Thanks Jaye...

11:39 AM  
Blogger Mo said...

So glad you're back! And by that I mean back to Blogger and back to blogging!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks! :)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Thanks Amanda! I know what you mean. I'm tired of the scarey dolls but have no clue what on earth what I want to come up with...

1:01 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Idgie alerted me of the move. This lurker is moving in.

Take Care
Michael

2:01 PM  
Blogger Idgie @ the "Dew" said...

Um, Blogroll's being a pain in the butt in a big way - just so's ya know.

But welcome back to Blogger!!!! We missed you.

2:04 PM  
Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

Yay! You've been missed. After doing that guest gig for you and seeing what all was involved with posting over at your other place, I'm surprised you stuck it out as long as you did.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

michael? Hmmm... didn't know I had a lurker, and thanks for stopping by! LOL

Idgie - I'll just keep typing my own blogroll...

DorothY! Thanks for coming, I couldn't find an old link to you so I could drop by your place...

NOW it's starting to feel more like home!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Sum Kinda Princess said...

Sorry to not have visited recently but I've been really sick. Still am, but can't sleep. Must admit, didn't read all your new stuff yet. However, I will catch up and keep up. Great to see you up and running!!

12:10 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I started out on Blogger, actually. I guess it's been a few years ago now, but I got fed up with it always laying down to take a nap right when I was trying to hit the publish button on some earth-shattering prose (in my mind) that would be lost forever. I learned to copy to notepad back then...

Good luck! This is Klondike Kate, signing out. (Don't pay attention to that other KK, she was such a young cyberpup back then.) :)

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home