Monday, December 19, 2005

Holiday Hangovers...

The holiday parties are almost over, thank goodness! Thursday night was rum (and coke)... Friday night was vodka then tequilla... Saturday night started with tequilla, then vodka, then wine, then vodka, then whiskey, then vodka, and I think it ended with whiskey but am a little fuzzy on that one... I was fully prepared to spend yesterday in bed nursing a hangover but bounced out of bed and actually made two trips into town in search of what I still need from my list of gifts but am not going to be able to find this late in the game in this half a horse town...

This morning I woke up to the realization that we are not officially dealing with the last week before Ms.SoonToBeBlue leaves. That's all I'm going to say about that for now, I'm only on my second cup of coffee. Most likely it will be mid-week next week when I have my first meltdown post... I'm doing really well holding it together so far (at least in front of her and others)... but trust me, it's coming.

Later on today I'm going to try and post my secret santa gift... I think it's almost ready but I need to make sure that's what I'm going to do. See you in a bit.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

ah holiday parties. Grandparents party was last night. cousins aplenty. first year we have had some random person manning the drinks table. I think its bc a good chunk of the cousins are at the age where they might be ballsy enough to try to sneak some wine. Not on Grans watch! no sir!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

Hang in there and just try to enjoy every last minute of it! :) At least it's a joyful time of year and very family-oriented so that will help. Let me know if you need anything!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Sara - no ring yet, eh?

Mel -thanks! it's great to hear from you...

11:53 AM  
Blogger JUST A MOM said...

Hell with it all jsut ahve one long ass week long holiday freeking party. Go ahead I give you total permission,, OH wait you might not get paid for this,, and you just might not be able to get that time off work,, oh wait and you just might not want to have your self see your self in the mirror after that long of parting.. OK never mind, HANG IN THERE GIRLY WE ARE HERE!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

No ring yet, I would have told you by now!
Since we will be with my family x-mas eve and his family x-mas morning( and my parents didnt put up a fight about me leaving) Im thinking it might be x-mas eve.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed Sara!

3:58 PM  
Blogger grandma1 said...

Slow down on the booze and enjoy the parties. When you develope health problems and you can't drink.

No parties now that we are in Texas I do miss the neighborhood board party and Alb. secretarial/clerial party.

Glad you are enjoying our story that tig is posting.

5:52 PM  
Blogger chimx2 said...

I wish I could join you for a Xmas swig. No Xmas parties this year for me. Just quiet and simple. But I am invited to one on New years Eve. I just may have to actually find a designated driver for that one. I am here for you when you have your melt down post. It does get better. I just dont know when. My 8 year old daughter told me today "Mom when Gino comes home tomorrow are you gonna cry?". I told her no. But I am trying to psych myself from breaking down when he leaves on January 2nd.

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home