Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Found My Balls ...Heh.

Went to the coast for a few days last week for vacation and to mix up some cash and tournament play. Played in the $1,000.00 Guarantee at Beau Rivage and finished third in addition to picking up a little bit of cash off the locals.

Am I learning to pay more attention to everything? Sure hope so. It seems to be making a difference. Been doing lots of reading, getting a little bit of coaching, fingers crossed that I can continue growing into a stronger player as time goes on.

Had a great virtual rail for the tournament. I wanted to share some of my favorites so that I can find them here in the future in case I need a reminder of where my head was at this day.

Stone: @jedi_balls: Nice balls. Are you playing today? (see pic above. This reminded me that indeed I do have balls as big as any guy at the table, they're just strapped to my chest, or in this case, remembered forever in a silly tweetpic)

Steve: @swhitelextown: Make it a payday. Ship It. Hoodie On. Game face on and look at your donks and take it down. You got this. (This came in at just the right time. Helped me make my own comfort zone regardless of the seat number and focus) ALSO: don't limp. Destroy it. Have position and make em tank. (reminder, position makes a big difference, don't limp)

Dave: @Djm182: grind #donkalicious grind. Pick your spots. Own the Game. One decision at a time (A little reinforcement here on things I've been trying to remember lol)

And thanks to @jedi_balls, @Roseyg917, @Jammenplayer, @suzysbad, @wisecapra, @rosietexecano, @djm182 for pulling me back to earth during the breaks. Sometimes it helps knowing that someone's out there. Big hugs to @mitchell1969 for recommending some reading material to help me improve. Have been reading and re-reading and will continue to read.


Happy Holidays. Wishing you lots of run good in 2012 and happiness too.

It's so nice to be free of the #voodoodonkcurse and be playing poker again ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home